Monday 31 December 2007

Top 10 Songs from 2007

No 10: Worried about Ray (The Hoosiers)
No 9: Rule the World (Take That)
No 8: How to Save a Life (The Fray)
No 7: Escape (Gwen Stefani)
No 6: Makes Me Wonder (Maroon 5)
No 5: Shine (Take That)
No 4: About You Now (Sugababes)
No 3: Bleeding Love (Leona)
No 2: Ruby (The Kaiser Chiefs)
No 1: Umbrella (Rihanna)

From The Top 100 Songs of 2007 of The Hits Chart (available on DAB radio or Freeview) based on requests and weekly charts throughout the year. Oh boy that Umbrella song really made it this year. Sensational as described by the deejays.

And of course this is from a UK chart, you dope! That's why there are so many UK artists in the top 10. Don't think that the situation would be similar to any other world-established charts, say the MTV.

I personally think that the awful obvious accent by majority of UK singers' (especially bands lead singers) isn't appealing to listeners. One group from Yorkshire sound like they are singing in different language all together. Although I have to admit that few UK singers are so good- like The Oasis.

Songs that I love didn't make it to the top ten. (Foundation- Kate Nash, Beautiful Girls-Sean Kingston ---though they are quite higher up in the list). And I grow a liking for Girls Aloud with time. I am quite certain by now I can sing along to all their hit singles. Guilty pleasure, I know.

P.S: Happy New Year!!! Hope everyone has wonderful things in store for the coming year. I have no idea at all what's gonna happen next year nor anything planned yet. New year resolutions, I heard you asked??! Hmm, don't normally have any.

No comments: