Monday 17 December 2007

Little Things That Make Me Happy Today

I woke up early today (for a change!) and what a BIG difference it was. I certainly woke up on the right side of the bed. Even when I slept diagonally across it. I opened my eyes to beautiful morning's light. Happily got out of my bed and stepped into shower. No queue as it was 6 (bloody) AM.

It felt so good to be able to eat breakfast peacefully while watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Usually I have a tub of yogurt on the run, be it while walking or waiting for bus or in the bus itself.

I paid for my bus ticket with loose coins. Usually the driver wont appreciate this. This morning with a bit of luck and smile, the driver accepted my three pounds worth of coins rather gratefully. And that was not 3 x one pound coins but rather a collection of many 20pence coins.

The bus got stuck in the morning rush but I was so glad to be in the bus at the very moment. Kids on their way to school. (Eligible?) bachelors going to work in smart suits. Old couples going to the market. Sun was shining quite brightly providing a stark contrast to frost on the grass in every one's front yard. Then pedestrians walking with steams coming out as they breathe. I just love it all.

I went to the surgery for a GP appointment. It felt so different being in a patient's shoes. Half of the time I was guessing what would be his next question. Playing guess is nice!

I got on the bus with similar driver on my way back. He greeted me with loads of smile. Good to know that he remembered me.

When I arrived at the hospital, I saw a big Christmas tree in front of the Maternity Unit. And the jolly people who are decorating it were singing "12 Days of Christmas" and passing silver glass bubble. Awwww... so pretty!

At the education centre:
i) Friendly Librarians
ii) Lovely bump of one of the staff who is 7months pregnant. She just glowed with radiance.
iii) Hot chocolate
iv) Tall, handsome orthopaedics surgeon smiled and said hi to me.

I went to see my patient to give him a Christmas card. He was purely elated. O, Bless him.

So, these are the things I'm missing due to my profound love for sleeping?

No comments: