Wednesday 5 December 2007

Late for 3 days in a row


I was late for 3 days in a row for the sole reason of waking up late. My genuine refusal to get of my bed had been such a magnificent force to prevent and delay any sort of work being done. (Editor's Note: She is not a lazy cow in any way though, she just cant resist the temptation!)

Day 1: Woke up an hour late than original plan. (surprise surprise!!) I need to travel for 2 hours to get back to my base hospital. I was actually sleeping over at my friend's place in the BIG CITY (which is much exciting compare to the Small City I'm residing now). The bus was running late, just nice! Just when I needed to report myself for the first day of the new module. Frantically I called my Information Provider (Ed: basically her friend with internet connection) to get my project supervisor's number. He was cool with me arriving (almost) an hour late. Fuh....lucky me!

Day 2: My housemate was in the shower when I woke up, so I decided to sleep just a bit while waiting. Little that I know the intended 10 min sleep turned into a full one hour sleep. (Ed: She will use this reason over and over again, watch the space!) Went to the Special Unit where I'm doing my module. Lucky strikes again. The first patient cancelled his appointment so My Supervisor was not bothered when I arrived late (15min late). Made myself a cup of coffee. And spilt it all on My Supervisor's side desk.

Me: Sh... sh.. shite... shite...shite..... (The coffee was hot. I was reaching over sideways to pick up the mug...clearly I was still sleepy!)

Him: Gosh. Are you ok?

Me: Yeah, ish... I'm so sorry about this.

Him: Accident happens.

I wondered if he gonna opt out of becoming my supervisor. Late for two days, very clumsy and drowsy most of the time. I bet he must be thinking that I'm hungover. No. NO! I'm just sleepy although slightly less pretty as I didn't have time to put on even a fleck of make-up this morning. (Ed: She did look awful with black-under-eye underneath her spectacles.)

Day 3: Woke up reasonably late. Decided to get to Main Hospital by bus, so I could have proper breakfast and put on some make-up. Hehe. (Ed: She's not vain in any way regarding the make-up thingy, just that she had just gotten herself a new blusher, and she promised her friend, a.k.a Make-up Guru, that she will use it daily.) I usually walk up to the Main Hospital. It was pouring when I arrived at hospital, so the make-up smudged. All that effort for nothing! I still look *ahem* pretty though. Listened to a lecture on year 5 changes. I'm not bothered, so why should you (the readers of this blog, if any) be bothered! Hah!

No comments: