Saturday 22 December 2007

4 Movies in 1 Day

Yesterday, I missed the first half of the day as I woken up very late. (shocking!!?) The day started to get dark by the time I finished my shower. Gosh. It was really cold yesterday (-3celcius). There was frost on the street in front of my house. Like what I always say to my friends: This cold is good for nothing when there's no SNOW!!

I sorted out my bruncher- haha- breakfast+lunch+dinner (that's how late I woke up) and agreed to watch movies with HM#1 in her room. As her room was already nice and warm, I gladly joined her with mugs and mugs of tea. Shows on TV are very very good around this time of year.

The first movie we watched was: My Neighbour Totoro.

It was a happy-ending children Japanese movie. Totoro is actually somekind of a forest spirit. There are 3 of these spirits and the biggest one is super kawaii (Editor's Note: p53 like that word and she has been waiting quite a long time to be able the word meaning: cute!). Cat Bus is rather weird. But then again this a fantasy world. It was by Hayao Miyazaki, the director of Spirited Away- one of my fav movie of all time.

Then, I wanted to watch Aladdin the Pantomime.

I wanted to watch it because I have always like and support pantomime, despite HM#1 utter resentment. But I got away this time as really good (UK) actors and actresses were in it. Patsy Kensit was in it. What I didn't get about the panto was: Why is the setting in Peking, China? Aladdin comes from the Arabs countries as far as I'm concerned. Anyways, the show was brilliant. The jokes were awful, but as with any other British jokes, the awfulness in itself make them hilariously funny. Crackling!


HM#2 joined us to the cinema. On the way there, we decided on what to watch and that was a small duel. I wanted to watch St Trinian's. HM#1 said that if the film is bad, it's gonna be my fault, as she wanted to watch Enchanted (which I've already watched last week). I was certain that it gonna be a good one as Colin Firth is in it. So does Russell Brand.

The storyline was slightly unreal for me, with ideas from Mission Impossible and a lot of teen-flick movies. huh. I can recognize most of the actresses. (Ed: p53 later think that the fact that she can recognize most of them is worrying- She's getting a bit too close to British's film scene. She used to loathe it with all her heart). I like the movie though and some of the scene looked like pages of my own life, me being a proper delinquent at one time. :0

The last movie that we watched was: Stardust

One hell of a movie! Absolutely wicked! We watched this at home, streaming from omegatube.com, so we have all the priviledgeof screaming and o awwwing at all the scenes. Charlie Cox looked so fit in the smart clothes given by Robert DeNiro. Robert DeNiro is a pirate with a gold heart, so kind. He danced around to some Mozart songs as he has this fetish for female garments. Entertaining!! I didn't like Claire Danes at first, she's just too plain to be a 'star' but boy, she knows how to carry her character! Love story always make my heart glowed. So sweet. All three of us agreed that this is the best movie of 2007.
You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again. But when I see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and... What I'm trying to say, Tristan is... I think I love you. Is this love, Tristan? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine.

Awwwww.....
A good ending to my movie day ain't it?

Today: I sat at home in front of TV and watched nonsense program. Contemplating whether I should re-watch Stardust. Haha.

No comments: