Saturday 29 December 2007

BIG CITY- Post X-mas

Shopping--> I spent more money than I should have had. Ai. Bought myself few items. But some of them cost a fortune (for me at least). The sale was not disappointing- only that I just don't have the privilege of spending lavishly -being a student and a recurrent spendthrift myself. All in all, I was happy with all the stuff that I've gotten (the best one: brown deer skin big handbag- oh so soft!!) (Editor's Note: Everytime p53 handed her credit card to the cashier, she prayed that it's not over the limit just yet. Seriously!)

Previously, I can only have the tuna sub or any of those uninteresting veggie options when I go to SUBWAYs. After shopping on Friday, I came across one of the HALAL Subways in BIGCITY. Yeay! (These days, more and more HALAL Subways are being opened). Yeay! again. Me and my few friends walked in; practically salivating. Ironically, as it was Friday, Sub of the Day was: TUNA!!! I had to go for the full price option, a foot-long Steak and Cheese- my fav. (Except that when I ordered I said: 6-foot please! to the Sub's workers' amusement. 6-in or 1-foot?)

Watched The Kite Runner. Not bad at all. I half predicted that the movie not gonna be anywhere as good as the book. I was touched when I read the book (long time ago). Some parts were of course edited-out, but those pictured were done so beautifully. Cinematography was splendid. The storyline was full of values. By the end of the movie, I was surrounded by sobbing people (to my right: my very girlie friends, to my left: a 20-ish girl cried on her Bf's shoulder, in front of me: Old couple sobbed together). I, however, found that it wasn't as touching as the book. A lot more emotions and feelings being described in the book by the main character. Nevertheless, this is a movie that I would certainly recommend to others.

Now I'm back in SmallCity, back home. Dreading the days to come.

No comments: