Saturday 26 July 2008

updates as promised

Hi ya all.

Updates updates updates.
Nothing majorly interesting but certainly they were significant for me.

17th July
I presented my project to my supervisor and another consultant (my supervisor is now away on a holiday at the time of writing, so someone else has to replace him at the ACTUAL presentation). They were rather concern about the presentation of the presentation. yeah, that's right, about the background colour and the font choice. My supervisor said and I quote

"You may think that red background is a good background colour, saucy even. But I think if we chance it to silver-greyish, I think its sexy"

And I was like "are you kidding me?"

So I changed some part of the presentation and sent it off to the admin peeps.

18th July
Deadline for submission of written report of our BIGPROJECT.
Me and BFF went to Staples in town and got them reports bound. I have never been to the Staples. So I was a bit gleeful entering a stationary heaven like that. Ooo-- look at that, ooo- look at this.

At the time, I must have sounded like a kid in a candy store. A loud one.

But really nice pens and brightly coloured papers bring out the inner child in me. Ha!

So I sent off my written report and felt as if I done something out of world. Its my baby really, but smudged with swear words (while I was doing it). I was so glad to part with the report. It is like a curse in itself. Making my life so miserable. I will write a reflective piece about the BIG PROJECT. Later.

At this moment of time, I want to bitch about my housemate no. 4 as she has been a total pain in the ass for the last few days. But I will throw a bitch fit later. Need to vent out somehow.

19th July
Was in BIGCITY. At my friend's house.
Good days.
We (three girlie girls) went to watch MAMMA MIA.
oh, and a what a brilliant movie it was.
I had to continuously remind myself to not to sing out loud. Which is very difficult as I know most of the songs. Ah.
There were kids in front of us who waved their hands to the ABBA renditions.
So cute.

My favourite song would have to be "slipping through my fingers" I could so envision my mom singing that to me, apart from the the fact that she never sing. Ha. I will possibly sing this song to my daughter. Oh, so sad.



I swear, it brings tear to my eyes every time.

"If you change your mind, I'm the first in line"

There were 3 old men (60-ish) sitting behind us in the cinema. They started singing (during the end credits) so I could NOT just allow them to sing with me sitting quietly in my seat. So I stood up and sang. Ha. So me!

To those who havent watch it- go and watch it asap.
Really.

20th July
Shopping shopping shopping.

21st July
One of my best friend is leaving UK for good. She completed her undergraduate course here in the BIGCITY and decided to work in our home country rather than doing her Foundation Year training here.
I was of course so sad. aih.
This girl is one of the best person I've ever met.
Never judge me- although I have to admit that my life is abnormal in a lot of sense. Always supportive and wise.
I take her as my big sis (as I dont have one) and definitely will miss her dearly.
I would have cry if it were just me and her at the airport, but since there were also presence of other not-so-close people, I knew I should not. Public display of emotion is abnormal in our culture. But then again, everything about me is abnormal.
Babe, let me tell you this- I was crying inside then, what if I fall sick missing you?

22nd July
Practiced my oral presentation.
And did a bit of house cleaning. We are moving out of this house towards the end of July so the house will be free for rent. Two group of viewers came to visit. One dissed the house. HOW DARE! (the wife is actually a frigging complainer who threw insults to the house). And the other group signed for the house. They are the lucky group, this house is so pretty.

23rd July
First day of presentation.
A lot of very good topics.
Put me to shame.
Was absolutely tired toward the end of the day (honestly, some presentations just sent me straight to my lala land even in the lecture theatre)

No comments: