Tuesday 1 July 2008

Excuses

You guys know right how am I struggling to do my BIG PROJECT? Yeah, I'm still am. I find it very hard to concentrate on doing work and getting on with all the data processing. Yet I still have time to do everything else non-work related such as: singing, learning how to play guitar, going for dinners, BBQs, baking and volunteering.

Last Sunday, it came to realization that I ran out of excuses to give to my tutor already. Shit. Shit indeed. By that time I was shitting my pants thinking about what to say to him (as opposed to actually thinking of how to gradually doing my work) come Monday. So I stayed up all night, hell yeah, all night and Monday morning to alter of my poorly written article.

So, Monday morning, having not sleeping for God knows how many hours since Sunday, I went in all black eyes and rough. I presented to him my findings and whoop whoop...... my (crap) statistical analysis. He said well done. Yeehaa!

That's it. I'm done until at least next Wed.

For readers benefit, I'll write down excuses that I had given so far. Please do not use these excuses as they may not work for others (although ALL of them did work for me in a plausible way).

i) I'm unwell.
ii) I woke up late.
iii) I need to go down to BIG CITY.
iv) I've got a doctor appointment.
v) I'm volunteering.
vi) I haven't done that bit because I've been busy doing the other part.
vii) I want to re-write that section as I am NOT satisfy with what I had written down so far.
viii) I need to read few more papers before I can write the critical appraisal.
ix) I'm done with reading research papers that you suggested, but I haven't written down anything.
x) I don't know where to start.
xi) I need to read some statistics books before I can analyze the data, I haven't have a clue how to.
xii) I have a meeting with the statistician next week, until then I can't really analyze my data.
xiii) I had written them, but I haven't print them out.
xiv) I need to collect some more data.
xv) I forget that I promised you that I will meet you then. Sorrrrrrrryyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! I completely forgot!!!
xvi) After I read the guideline, I think I need to change few things.
xvii) I have not done the change I said I will. Erkk!!

2 comments:

drlyd said...

no 1 is my favourite! it always work for me :D

Rooshin said...

Ha, having just stumbled on this entry I know exactly what you mean. I started my project with such great enthusiasm but now due to the highly implausible excuses my tutor and the post-docs I'm working with are starting to loose patients and p'haps think I'm a little dumb. It's so bad and I have to hand it in in September..too lazzzyy!!!

Rooshin.