Thursday 3 July 2008

A lil' concert

Last night I went to a little charity concert do at a local park organized by fellow students to raise money for a charity in Bangladesh. The thing about this concert was that, even though that it was really small scale business (nothing like Glastonbury), it felted really warm. Warm - not the temperature warm- but the warmth that glow from within knowing that you had done something good for the day by helping others. All collection (from ticket sales and cakes sales) and donation will go towards building a school for blind children in Bangladesh.

Ok enough about that. Now on to highlights of the night.

i) My BIG PROJECT tutor performed!!! Yeah, he did. And he did look like he was completely enjoying himself on the centre stage. He was in a two man band with another consultant. They played us few songs which I reckon must be very famous songs in their era. Because I hardly know any! ha! So maybe I can get away yet for another few days not writing up as his is in such a good mood.

ii) My O&G consultant was there too! Remember him? You guys maybe wondering why were there so many consultants and medic students there - oh well- what do you expect - an event organized by medical students for medical students and consultants. Performers were the same group again + few budding talents from local university.

iii) Oppps.. this gonna be about my O&G consultant again. haha. I looooveeeee him. I said and I'm quoting myself "He is the best looking 50y-o man, hands down!" One of my friends said and I quote "But he got small bum!" haha. HM#1 came very close to blurting out to him that I (yes, I = p53) have a crush on him. Sigh - what if i really do?

iv) One of my friends sang. Beautifully. It was a Eva Cassidy's rendition of Sting's song. I never heard of it before, but apparently it is very famous. Her voice was impeccable. But I know deep down she must had been very nervous. You can just tell from the look of the corner of her eyes. No direct eyes contact with audience.

v) One of my male friends played saxophone (which was fantastic- never thought that one playing saxophone can attract so much attention) and one of my friends (a girl from the year below) almost died. Not literally. Die of ecstasy (also not the literal meaning) more like it. haha. She has always like this guy. Let me give a brief description about this guy: more than 6' tall, tan, well-toned, muscular, well-mannered, out-of-bed golden brunette hair, greenish-brown eyes. So imagine how he looks like. Now. He has a girlfriend though. A pretty one too. So bless him.

vi) Me and my friend asked my O&G consultant to ask the other two performing consultants for our behalf; for a 5 min session with them. O boy, I almost died of intimidation of singing to two most respectable gynae-onco doctors in the Trust. It was life-changing! My friend sounded much better than me, I have to say.

No comments: