Thursday 17 July 2008

My Sincerest Thank

I would like to express my sincerest thank to my BIGPROJECT Tutor, Dr Supervisor, for his guidance and support throughout this project.

Haa.. what the hell was that?
That was the acknowledgment bit of my written report. Which could only mean one thing- yeah I finished my report- hell yeah!

But that was what I wrote on the acknowledgment bit. Actually what I wanted to do was to write a heartfelt letter for him.

It should go like this:-



Dear Dr Supervisor,

Thanks for being my supervisor.
THANKS (with such intonation- like whatever).
But no, thanks really.

First, thanks for having me as your student.
I'm one hell of a problem. Sure you didn't know that when you agreed to be my supervisor. Have you ever feel like backing out from being my supervisor? I wonder.

Thanks for putting up with me when I argued about basically about everything especially at the beginning of the project.

And putting up with my English. Written and spoken.

Thanks so much for proofreading my written report so many times. Grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes, syntax errors, presentation, formatting etc. Thanks supervisor. It was very helpful.

Thanks for allowing me to use your computer and printer. I printed so many things that I could have easily killed a tree myself.

It's amazing how our passwords are similar. I know, great minds think alike.

Thanks for fighting for/with me with the people downstairs. They are just lazy.

Right from the very beginning, it has always been a love and hate relationship between us.
You behave like Jekyll and Hyde, being nice and all then flipping quickly into something mean.
Its only fair as I behave like an unstable matter, being present at once and disappearing for the next (few?) days.

You was very demanding.
I told you, I was pretty laid back. So that's why I put down my feet when you asked me to do extra work.
All excuses about timing and logistics were purely lies. Sorry.
I have to live by my principle.

Sorry again for not telling you I went for a holiday. I just didn't want to make you feel sad to be left in rainy and soggy UK while I was enjoying myself in the sun. I guess it's ok now that you're going to some hot countries in the Middle East for holiday starting from tomorrow.

Sorry for the countless cursing that were direct or indirectly associated with you. I do curse. Like many others. When you saw smile on my face, half of the time I was thinking, it would be so nice if I could kill you. Sweet victory.

When you laughed at few things that I said or wrote, I thought, wow you have a very good English, but then when I thought again, your comments were not far from being pure sarcasm.

I wasn't bothered though. Which I guess must had been manifested clearly on my face. And yours turned red. Do you remember that? Ha.

Sorry. **silence for half a min here**

Sorry too for all the disappearing act that I had done in the last three months. The skill has somehow improved. hehe.

Do I enjoy working with you? I asked myself. Yes and no, yes on the good days, but no for the days that you almost killed me mentally.

Now let me ask you, do you enjoy working with me?

Will I do this again with you? No thanks.
Will I do a placement in cancer department again? Hmmm.. tough question.. I have always like cancer, but after doing this project I feel as if I don't want anything to do with oncology for the rest of my life. The bitter taste of my own medicine. Probably that was highly influenced by the fact that I had to do all the boring stuff. Reading case notes, doing statistics and writing report. These things weren't exactly patient centered. I do seriously miss patients' contact.

Why the hell that I chose you in the first place?
(come on readers are dying to know)
You're eccentric. As simple as that. I thought I'd rather work with someone eccentric than working with someone plain boring.
Eccentric in what way? That I cant really explain. Hardworking- crazy- funny- weird hybrid kind of person. Difficult to second guess. Difficult to get along with.

Extremely clever. Too clever even for some of my tricks. Tsk..tsk..tsk.

Cross my fingers that I'll be as clever but less as crazy as you.

Thanks now can you give me high mark please?
p53 xoxo

1 comment:

The Little Medic said...

i'm really intrigued. email me and tell me who it was.