Wednesday 23 January 2008

(yet) another interesting day (pardon all the F words)

It started off quite badly with the first ever word coming out from my mouth this morning was "FUCK!!" It was 8.45am when I actually have to be at the hospital by 8.30am. Thought about several excuses while I was on the bus to get to hospital.

'got caught up at the GP' or 'ankle swollen- have to see GP' or 'my housemate is sick with persistant d+v, went to A&E with her' or 'does it really start at half 8, i got it written down as half 9 in my diary'

When I arrived at the Ultrasound Unit, I apologized for being late and came clean "I'm so sorry for being late, I overslept!" To which the sonographers were all fine with. Good.

I saw a lot of routine USS for pregnant ladies (this is the fetal kidney and bladder bla bla bla) and ?cyst and ?bicornuate (having two uteruses). The session was all chill out until the very last patient came in with fetal cardiac insufficiency (reduced end diastolic flow during Doppler studies) and a senior consultant was called in to make decision about termination of pregnancy. I didn't quite understand the degree of the problem. All I know it was apparently non-viable!

Went to the outpatient department to be greeted by the current girlfriend of my-ex! Fucking hell. She. Why she? Why she of all third year medical students? Why she of all third years doing a special module with MY CONSULTANT???? Why! I mean to be fair, she's a nice lass. But we are talking about the girl that my ex cheated me for! ARRRGGGGHHH..

I don't think she knows who I am. She seems friendly to me, asking appropriate questions at appropriate time and being as pleasant as she could be to the whole team. I told my consultant about her status in relation to mine. He gave her a glance over and said to me :whats the odd?

I think she's better off not trying to win over MY CONSULTANT. Bloody Fuck Off-- he's mine!

Then, my consultant was called to a Caesarean Section. I said I want to head off to the theatre with him and she wanted to go as well. What? What the hell was this all about? Fuck off.

The baby was premature. So tiny. So cute. There was like so many people in the theatre: The O&G team, the anaesthetics team, the Neonates team, the theatre nurse team and the mom+dad. Length of this baby is probably less than that of an A4 paper. The O&G team made me proud: they worked so fast!

And the whole time I was there, she was tailing me! Oh God. The only consolation was: she's so nice. I dont have the heart to tell her off (no matter how uncomfortable I was). Well, I just have to deal with this professionally now. Booooo!!!

As the CS finished, I got back to the Outpatient but not before I told her to send my love to my-ex. Lets see what he's gonna make out of it! HAHAHAHAHAH.

Of course (now) I fucking hate this guy. And again why the fuck that it is her with MY consultant?

Back in OPD, I removed and inserted few pessaries. The size of which make me awed. Did few speculums and took few swabs. I still shake though while doing VE. The (distinctive) vagina's smell in itself is enough to make me feel nauseous. I certainly got better in doing it. Good girl!!! (Editor's note: Remember that p53 have a profound fear for vagina. She still hate looking at it. but what an improvement! Well done!)

Left hospital at half 5pm. What a day!

All this with me limping. The ankle swelling had reduced but there was still pain with weight bearing. Ibuprofen helps. If I continue to limp in next two or three days, I will give A&E a visit (to ensure prompt x-ray excluding microfractures).

No comments: