Sunday 1 February 2009

Exam, result and thereafter

How impolite am I for not giving you readers some sort of updates especially regarding my exam? I apologize. From hereon in this entry, I'll try to tell as much as I could chronologically.

Prior to Jan 09, I was really scared of the finals exam. I felt as if there were so many things that I havent revise yet.

Comes Jan 09, I was practically shitting in my pants- trying to cram in as much infos as I could into my almost exploding brain.

Then the exam week- 14 Jan- 22 Jan came. I couldnt sleep, lost my appetite and lost interest altogether with anythg non medical. How sad.

Had my first exam in one of the big halls in BIGCITY- which is also the hall where I will graduate provided that I pass every single thing.

Got all tensed up in between. Packed up my stuff one night and left smallcity and my studymates. Went to BIGCITY.

Second exam was in the same hall. It was freezing. No heating. It snowed outside. Bloody hell.

Then OSCE on 20 Jan. Almost cried after I finished it. 50-50% chance of failing it. WAAAAA....

21-22-23 Jan- passed in blur. I slept. Slept my sorrow away. By this time, some of my very good friends left smallcity for their elective in exciting places.

24 Jan- Had mother of all headaches. Very hungry too. So I ate I ate I ate and took paracetamol.

24 Jan (night)- 29 Jan (morning): LONDON trip.
- did all thing touristy- went to Greenwich prime time line, took pics along Thames, next to Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Tower Bridge.
- watched two musicals at the West End: The Sound of Music and The Lion King. Super fantastic.
- ate a lot of different kind of food- indon, chinese, japanese, italian, mexican, malay- ahhh bless all Halal food in London; I gained 3 kg in the space of 5 days. Yeay!
- went to natural history museum and national science museum (both for the first time in 5 years of me living here in the UK)

29 Jan: result out... In the hours preceding the result time, I paced up and down the length of my kitchen, sweating like hell. I swear my heart almost stopped when I saw my result. I passed- marginally. pheawh. Few of my dear friends failed. My heart cried out for them. I rang my parents- told them the good news, and rang few other friends to tell them too.

30-31 Jan: Sleep, eat, internet, blogging, buying stuff off the ebay, tidying up my room, doing laundry, vacuuming, collecting things for charity, cook and BAKE!!!

1 Feb: Preparing my timetable for the next two months, ironing clothes, sending out work emails, filling in evaluation form of last block which I proscatinated for almost 2 months. hah.

2 Feb and thereafter: community and hospital placement and elective (yeay!) and graduation (double yeay!!) and going back home for good (yeay 3x).


***Important note: my face suffered the most. Blemished like never before. Arrhrggghh***

No comments: