Thursday 18 September 2008

Eurotrip 2008 (Part 3)

OK, is anyone out there still reading this? (I mean really interested in reading the travel stories, Me myself grow tired of typing despite the stories being very exciting for me personally)

Recap: We had been to Budapest, Vienna, Krakow and now heading to Prague. As I hinted previously: Prague is where everything went wrong. Of course, time for yet another list:

WHY I DON'T LIKE PRAGUE:
i) I had my first big argument with my traveling partner. Mind you guys, I have been traveling with this particular girl since the last five years and had had many good times (nope, let me change that: many great times) trawling the narrow streets of venice, feeding the kangaroo in melbourne, awe-ing at the art of Muslim architecture in southern spain etc. Details are hard to recall but to cut the story short: I had lack of sleep while she didn't have her daily dose of coffee the morning we shouted at each other in the metro (and at its platform) in Prague. That was really a BADDDD experience, definitely something that I wish will never happen again.
ii) Prague is too crowded. Too many tourists. Blocking all the views, disturbing all photo opportunities, annoying me at every turn! 
iii) It rained. Every. Day. Boo. Me and Miss A again had disagreement: about the umbrella this time. Never thought that she was so sensitive about my usual frank comment, she was probably still geared up from the first fight (point no 1).

If there is one good thing that happened in Prague it would be going to string quartet performance in a converted church. They played crowd-pleaser renditions and I went ga-ga (as usual) over thing like this. Air (bach) and spring (Vivaldi) etc. 

From there we went to Munich on a night train (which a total killer as the journey sucked big time- 4 hours stop in an extremely cold train station)

Munich is, again, a city that excel well beyond my expectation. I could actually see myself living there. Why? I dont know. But I just like the laid back atmosphere there. We went to Deustches Museum (and was amazed with the size and number of exhibits), watched a concert of Germany famous artists (free in the town square), climbed a clock tower (and saw gorgoeus view of the whole city), ate Halal chicken sandwich (and delicious ciabatta....hhhmmm...mmm) and spoke to Munchen people (very friendly, I must add).

Then... then... then.... (ooo this is very exciting) ..
we went to a castle: Neuwschwantein Schloss. It was damn gorgoeus. This castle was used as the template for designing the Sleeping Beauty castle in Disneyland worldwide. I find it very difficult to describe the area without pictures, because it really was amazing. Even with pictures, the real thing is so much more magnificent. Info: This area is located about 2 hours away from Munich.

Then, the journey continued into Switzerland. Absolutely breathtaking. More story later. 

Ta, p53.

No comments: