Saturday 21 June 2008

I was seeing things

Mountains of work waiting for me was the only thing that I didn’t look forward too when I was on the plane back home from my vacation (other things that I kinda cant wait to have/do: meeting my best friends, sleeping on my own back, not having to wake up at half 6 every morning). So when I went in on Thursday, as expected I have mountains of case notes (literally) waiting for me. 30-ish. Which was a lot considering that some of them were terribly thick!

I worked through (half of) them all morning. Pain in the ass. POO POO.

The cleaner said hi to me and asked: where have I been? No one knew that I was away in some foreign continent, enjoying my heart out. I said I was unwell, determined to keep it as my little secret. Later my tutor asked me the same question, to which I answered with the same excuse. They fell for it. (I promise I wont do it again- this academic year! Ha.)

Then I took an a hour break for lunch and afternoon prayer.

I was having an ablution at the prayer room when someone (let us call this guy, x) walked in and walked out straight away immediately (after seeing me?). I hadn’t had any visual aid (my glasses off) when x walked in, but from the blurry vision that I had, I thought, well, he was quite good looking (aka smartly dressed with dark blue shirt with a lighter blue tie, tall and has a dashing smile- oh yeah- he did smile to me). Bear in mind that I am very very short sighted. So, I did what I was supposed to do (read my afternoon prayer) and sorted myself out and got ready to walk out of the prayer room. Then it strucked me that x could have possibly been one of my friends, Mr Y. Yikes, if I (ever) thought that Mr Y is good looking, it must have been the end of the world because I always this disliking sort of feeling for Mr Y. My Y, in my opinion, is beyond salvation, too goofy looking, unkempt at times, has this messy kind of look especially with his unshaven beard. Gosh, I must have been very tired then that I started seeing things and to say he’s good looking.

Yikes, indeed.

I got back to my work in my tutor’s office and continued working.

After 3 hours of hard work, at around 5.30pm, I left hospital walking and of course what else could have happened? I met Mr Y! He greeted me first, when the original plan is to walk straight pass him as I really don’t fancy making social contact when looking horrible myself (3 hours of notes reading had just sucked out whats left of life in me- pretty much zombie). So I had to stop and chat with him, talking about nothing in particular.

However, later after finishing the small talk with Mr Y, I glad I did stopped. I realized midways during the talk, that the guy that I thought good looking from the prayer room was not Mr Y. Mr Y wore a white shirt (oversized albeit nicely pressed) with a black sweater vest. Yeay! X is not Mr Y. The next question is: is X is not Mr Y, then, who is him?

That’s gonna be a challenge for me, to find out who is the (mysterious) nice-smiling x. Cross my fingers that I will figure out his identity soon.

No comments: