Thursday 8 May 2008

Facts and some afterthoughts

  • UK has the highest teenage pregnancy rate among Western Europe.
  • Approx 180 000 abortions are performed each year in England and Wales.
  • About one-third of all women in the Great Britain would have an abortion by the time they are 45.
  • Rate is highest among the women aged 19.
  • Abortion is illegal in Northern Ireland.
  • About 40 000 cases of under 18 conception in England and Wales each year.

I'm so pro-life so I think abortion is wrong unless really really necessary (like anencephaly). Now imagine if all those hundred of thousands of the foetus are being born each year. Man, thats alot. Great more babies without a proper place/parent that they can call home. Of course mainly due to irresponsible behaviour leading to unwanted pregnancies.
And teenage pregnancy is soooo stupid. If you wanna have sex use protection, take pills, do something. This is what happen when one (woman) doesnt have any future ambitions/plans. I dont want a baby to get in a way of me reaching for my dreams, doing things I want to do. Plan ahead. Use protection. Dont get me wrong, I certainly love to have a baby (or alot, hehe) of my own. Just not quite yet. I'm young.
Whoever is young out there please please please enjoy your life (enjoy sex if thats what you like), use protection and use EC if worse come to worse. Just dont do abortion. Not fair for the baby. See! Its that simple. Use protection and not get pregnant and not having to think about the dreadful, horrible abortion.

No comments: