Saturday 17 May 2008

10K Manchester Great Run

Yeah, I'm participating in that (yup, in a couple of days time). Training wise, if you ask me, I would say so and so. There were days where I ran more than the others. Its pretty damn hard. I keep on having different problems at different locations. First there was problem with my ankles (which is long standing anyway). Then there was problem with my knees (which sucks! big time, because it was really hard to concentrate on the run when sharp stabbing pain kept on shooting from my knees to my ankles to and fro). Then I tried running with ankles AND knees support, which didn't help at all. BOO! Then I settled on running every other days for a short distance, because the longer I run, the more moaning I will do later. And seriously, you guys wont want to be around when I'm cranky as its awful.

Now I think I have trained enough. 3K easily. And from there on: wogging (walk+jogging)! I keep on having chest pain (crushing!) which I don't think anything serious. All exercise related. Possibly be due to ?anaemia. I promised to one of my running mates that I will get it all checked up after the run (if I go now, the GP will say don't run -yeah- like defeat the whole point right?).

So all in all, running is bad. Personally, look at me, I'm falling apart. Osteoarthritis will come insidiously when I'm slighter older. Let not even start on microfractures. Oh, wait a minute, have the arches on both of my feet collapsed? Damn. I will reduce the amount of running very considerably after the Manchester Run. Running is such a high impact sport that now I kinda don't understand how people can do marathon without any problem. But I supposed the will power defeat it all. Yet another area that I'm lacking in for endurance sport like this.

On a different note:-
  • I finished my community placement. Really enjoyed myself there. My report was rated 'Above Average' --> how could it possibly be that? It was supposed to be an excellent. I have a theory here, to get an excellent score student has to be present at the evaluation session (just so to put pressure on the supervisor). I got excellent for both of reports where I was present at the final evaluation. On the other hand, I got 'Above Average' for those that were marked in the supervisor's own time. My standard of work had been very high for all four written reports (hence I do believe I should have gotten 4 Excellents) However this time, I was not as furious as the first 'Above Average' relatively because I did have an awesome placement with my supervisor.
  • I started on my BIG PROJECT (3 months: 10000words) at my base hospital. My supervisor this time around is a bit loopy. Is he really? I picked him out of all consultants in my hospital, and instead of doing a project with nice, not to mention good looking consultant, I chose to do it with a consultant which I find very amusing. Full of life! More to come about this BIG PROJECT. Watch the space!!
  • I had my exam last Monday, and I swear to God that it was the most difficult exam in medic school yet. I was so frustrated by the end of it, I felt numb to all stimuli, I almost felt suicidal (if that's possible!). Don't fucking ask about microbiology, I don't give a shit about it, and so do my friends (make it all medic students from my uni). Whats up with all the histopathology shits that were included? I was so pissed off. If I knew that it gonna be that difficult, seriously, I wont even bother to study in the first place. Doom for failure right from the start.
  • Please, however, wish me luck. I do hope I will pass.

No comments: