Sunday 5 October 2008

What's on TV?

*** These are all personal opinion. If you disagree, well, tough. My blog my say.***

i) It sucks that Clarke was eliminated last week from ANTM Cycle 11. Really. She's really stunning even though she behaves like a proper bitch at times. The week before she had this amazingly gorgeous eyes shoot that I totally swooned for. She won then, but I guess the arrogant nature of Clarke got the better of her. Joselyn is weird esp her laugh. Her features are not so striking and last week she performed badly doing the disaster-themed shoot, its a miracle that the judges chose her over Clarke. Then one of my flatmates raised a very important point that I had overlooked: ANTM's judges cant really kicked her out because otherwise the show wont have anymore black (or should I say- African American, no offense for the previous choice of word) people in it. Ooohh... I didnt realized that. Well- that's really unfair for Clarke- she really is gorgeous and I think Joselyn wont last long. Promise!

Tyra (to Joselyn): we are giving you another chance because of your personality.
p53 (to Tyra): personality- my ass- what a lot of rubbish.

ii) It was again another episode of nail-biting and nerve wrecking episode of X-FACTOR. Top three of each group were chosen, and to be honest I didnt care a shit about any group other than the girls. All bar one was damn good. Too bad that Cheryl Cole got the girls, they are better of under Simon. I really didnt expect Hannah to be that good. Today, she was nothing short of perfect. And after reviewing (read: you-tube watching) her previous performances, she had been really consistent all through out. Her voice has got this rocky-husky edge to it and she delivered. Man, I was so dissappointed that she didnt make it for the live-show. Laura White- got through: no surprised there; with voice like Amy Winehouse- I really wish her all the best in her coming songs choices. Diana Vickers is great. I absolutely love her performance (Hallelujah) in the bootcamp. A bit too disappointed that Amy Connoly's journey in XFactor ended now (over that alexandra girl). Ah.

iii) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was on TV again. Again like for the 5th time since I've been in the UK. And yet there I was watching it and singing along (yes i know- guilty as charged- I have this penchant for musicals). Never notice this before: Baron Bomhurst's castle was actually NEUSCHWAN-freaking-TEIN. Been there!
Anyway... favourite song from the movie was: Doll on a music box . However today I fell for "truly scrumptious". And of course I was elated beyond words when those two songs were combined towards the end of the movie. Truly is soooo pretty. Ahhhhhh.


1 comment:

The Shrink said...

Laura has to be in the Final!