Saturday 12 April 2008

Exam in 3 days

and counting...

Random things:
i) I just saw a silver Nissan 350Z passing in front of my house. Oh, delights! What other better way to start a day.
ii) I saw a MASSERATI two days ago, parked in front a neighbour's house. I was like: is this for real? Yeah, it was! Absolutely gorgeous.

iii) A very very good friend of mine told me a horrific story of her clinical partner driving on the wrong side of the road. Shock horror!!! My friend had previously referred to her clinical partner, yup: the traffic offender, the driver of a death car! Thankfully Friday (11/4/8) was the last time they are ever gonna be together. After this, they gonna do different things for SSC and Project Option. No more compulsory teaching or placement until 5th yr.
iv) Yeah- we (4th yr students of my beloved medical school) practically finished 4th year. Can you believe that? Whooaa... I only have 1/5 of my medical training left before I can call myself a doctor. Is it really already 4 years now?
v) I miss my mom, for no apparent reason.

vi) The scare about MMR causing autism is a lot of rubbish.
vii) There is a 5 y-o girl who weights more than me! 49kg. When she was reeled (she is in a wheelchair) into the doctor's room, I was stunned to see how big she is. She could walk when she was younger, but now due to excessive weight she cant even stand on her feet.
viii) Hyponatraemia can be as a result of ADH deficiency. Centrally, hypopituitary is the real cause of ADH deficiency. (Posterior pituitary secretes ADH). Treatment of global hypopituitary includes a lot of hormone replacements (and a lot of visits to Paediatricians too!)
ix) Girl in point vii was first presented due to hyponatraemia then after investigation Paeds confirmed point viii. Another (famous) example: Harvey of Jordan (Katie Price).

PS: wish me luck for my exam.

No comments: