Saturday 29 March 2008

Updates from the ward

***Note: This entry was written when I was still in the ward, in between patients. HAHA***

Hi ya...
Updates from the ward...
Its getting very very very very boring down here.
Not much patients.. yeah- i know I should not be complaining..
but its finally getting to me...
Morning ward round this morning finished in AFTERNOON.. (around 1.30pm-- dear God!)
My consultant is nothing but THOROUGH. VERY THOROUGH.
She's good though.

Quote of the day (so far):
"My son is a bit of wimp"
-a mum on her 4y-o boy who was afraid to be cannulated.

Shocking goss:
i) A 2 weeks old boy came in with D+V (we have tonnes of them this afternoon!). His mum is 14yo. Yup, you heard me right. FOURTEEN! She's a child herself and now has this responsibility of looking after her own son. The best (or should I say the worst) thing is: She didn't know that she was pregnant until she was about 37 weeks. SHOCKING!!!
ii) A 10yo girl self-harm, multiple cuts on both forearms. Hx of attempted suicide twice previously. Come on, seriously, whats happening with the kids these days.
iii) A 9yo girl left hemiplegia with consistent MRI picture of right infarct. Bloody hell.

So there you go. xxx

No comments: