Friday 21 March 2008

Ranting about Random Things

There are so much things that going through my mind right now. I'm just gonna type it out in the order that thoughts train checking in at my conscious mind station.

Favourite song at the mo


So fecking love this song. Must have listen and song to it (hehe, to the repeated complaints of housemates) like a million times since last weekend. It has got the carefree feeling to it. Feel good song as a summer theme (god knows when summer gonna comes- i mean- we all know when summer gonna be here, but considering the weather right now- i am fovever hopeless). The official video clip had recently been released despite the actual debut of the song was last year (Spring 07) and gosh it is damn brilliant. Jason Mraz has slightly changed from his "you and I both" days. Still cute though. It was filmed in Africa (well at least- looks like it was filmed there). Happy days!

Talking of which- I'm certainly going to Africa!Yeehaa.. I dont think I have mention it anywhere in this blog that I'm going to Africa for my elective. Yeay- repeat- I AM GOING TO AFRICA! Few other friends and me are going to Tanzania to one of the hospitals there. The hospital itself boasts good reputation for elective placements. Initially there was a debate between the four of us about which hospital that we all should go to in Tanzania. The verdict was divided between two contenders. I managed to put my case up front and really put my feet down about my preferred choice. And to my delight, the others finally agreed to go with my choice after rationalizing the pros and cons. I like to think that I'm influential enough to get others to jsut succumb to my suggestion.

Well, at least thats what I think. Hehe (pardon me for being like this!)

We surely gonna do a lot of activities there. Of course on top of our elective responsibilities (like going to hospital, health education to locals, community projects). The most important activity (probably in the whole wide world for me at the moment of time) is climbing Kilimanjaro. Then probably safari trip and beach trips. Well- list of the activities will be finalized soon. Watch the space.

KILIMANJARO. Anyone has any idea how much it gonna cost to climb the Kilimanjaro with an experience guide? I heard: GBP700. Freaking hell! That's way too expensive for me. Will I be ever to afford it (bear in mind- I have to save up to 1000quids for flight tickets, accommodation and living expenses). Must figure out something to get extra money. (Nayh- Im too lazy to have a part time job.... should I get myself a sugar daddy who is more than willing to sponsor my trip there?)

Not only there. I'm going to Borneo as well. Heheh. We are actually doing a split elective. Might as well cramp in as much as we could in the two months time in 2009. Hah! Borneo is natural heaven- or the closest to earth can get to in term of picturing a paradise. Again: climbing is the main highlight here. Yeehaa. Then maybe diving. Scuba diving for the professional PADI certified diving lesson. And again that gonna cost me a massive lot. (Editor's Note: You probably need sugar daddy and a toy boy to be able to afford all this electives business!)

Financially- I'm ok. Living a student life rather comfortably. Managed to chip in holidays (I will talk about this later) every now and then, going on random (I'm saying this with a bit of guilt hint in my voice-as I am saying it in my mind) shopping trips, and eating out ever so frequently. hehe. Latest buy: 2 ZARA JACKETS (went to the ZARA store and couldnt decide between two gorgeous jackets- so I took both! The retail devil in me!). Dont ask how much they did cost me. Rather worth the money for the classic trench as I received a lot of compliments when I wore it the whole 5 days last weekdays. Ha! Gleaming with pride I am.

Traveling wise: I am going to Amsterdam in two days time. Honestly this holiday was booked out of desperation last January. I didnt go anywhere during winter break. Seriously, NOWHERE- was stuck in SmallCity the whole two weeks of the break. So, I thought I should, I must go somewhere during the easter. However prices of flights and hotels are rather expensive even if I buy it that advance. (Imagine me wailing to the ridiculous price for holidays in warmer location- like egypt or marrakech- absolutely frustrated!) So I went on Expedia and booked the first thing that I saw on offer. Haih. Hope this gonna turn out for the better. I'm going with HM#4 (Housemate Number 4) and earlier on today we spent a couple of hours planning the things that we gonna do (read: cramming in every possibly things) in the four days we gonna be there.

Then, I booked another holiday to Morocco (this time with HM#4 and HM#1!). That's gonna be in JUNE. And this coming summer I'm gonna travel Europe -backpacking style. Woohoo- cant wait. (I told my parents I'm not gonna go back to my home country in exchange for the backpacking trip; flight tickets are frigging expensive during the peak summer season, might as well use that money for Interrail and youth hostels and see the entire Europe!) You guys must be thinking that I'm one of those spoilt brats with the lifestyle I'm currently living. No I am truly not. I just have poor control for my money. Life is too short anyway to stop myself from doing things I truly enjoy i.e. traveling.

Note to myself: Need to sort out visa for Morocco- bugger!!!

My studies is going down hill. My mom and daddy asked me this afternoon when I called them. "It's OK" I said without further elaborating the statement. I keep on sleeping. (also part of the reason why I havent update this blog in a while. Sorry guys!) Forgetting to do my PBL work. I look almost completely clueless during teaching session, blinking over simple facts dished out by my fellow colleagues. I need to read more but I just can find the will to do so. Its either sleeping or wasting time on the internet (Do you guys wanna know what website I spent my time most? Addicted to the whole perezhilton.com shite! And lately fashion blogs. I seriously dont know what has gotten me. What ever it is, it sucks!)

I have to put a bit more effort in doing my work and revising for coming OSCE: Oh no- that is less than a month from now. Crikey!

I cannot help but compare myself with two other students of my consultant. (3 of us are students attached to the best Paediatrician in my hospital). They are fecking hardworking (I really mean this- eg- reading till 3 in the morning) If that fact cant motivate me to work I dont know what could. Life isnt that tough, I only have myself to blame for this hiatus of knowledge in my own brain. These two students are the loveliest people that I have ever work with and they are so gonna make good doctors. Even when they have opinion on everything they are so well informed about every singe fact that they argue on or talk about. No point guessing which student the consultant prefers more.

There were actually a lot of important things that had happened in the last week. MEDSIN Global Health (interesting!), visit to special needs school (truly heart-rending!!!), fabulous GUM (STIs and AIDS) lecture (frigging funny!) and bouts of malaise that surround the household (?bugs?). Will tell a lot more if I have the mood to. Otherwise, I'm gonna pen off now.

Mucha amore~ p53 x


1 comment:

nina said...

Hi there!
I didnt realize u drop a comment at my blog until this week =)

Oh, mraz is my all time favourite artist! My fav songs of his are you and I both, and a beautiful mess (fr his latest album).

Btw, which link that brought u to my blog? Who's the mutual friend?!