Sunday 7 December 2008

The Gaudi Key


I started reading this book entitled "The Gaudi Key" few days ago and it is seriously a page turner. The story-line and the pace of the story is pretty damn good so I find that my conscious mind is ridden with guilt whenever I sacrifice my sleep time (gosh, what the hell is going on) or reading time (ever so slightly) to continue reading just another page (which usually turns into a chapter).

Its the story about Gaudi (the famous Antonio Gaudi of Barcelona, yes youre right), the legendary architect and stories surrounding his death. Basically- as the book says- he was a member of the secret knight who protect the relics of Christ and the anti-Christ group murdered him. The story now unfolds as the protegee of Gaudi's protegee try to race against the time to save the relic from falling into the hands of the antiChrist group. Many mysteries solving and riddles and factual maths and detectives' investigation- so this book is like the da vinci code almost.

The Gaudi Key is actually a translated fiction novel. I am never a fan of translated works. But gosh- this one really grab my attention. Co-written by two authors, I think they did quite an awesome job in telling me (and million other readers) the story. 

I hope the ending is not gonna be a let down (I'm half way through). And I truly hope that there will be some great twists (there was one already right at the very beginning). Come one, join me read the book.

Since I dont know what was the real story with Gaudi, his life, his works (la sagrada familia among others), I dont know which part of this book is real and which part is fiction. Well, I'll ask someone later (M- that's you). 

The bottomline is I will never look at Gaudi's work in the similar way anymore.

1 comment:

alhi said...

Have just bought it on your amingorecommendation!