Wednesday 12 November 2008

Series of unfortunate events

As we all know, I'm doing my community placement in a little town (smaller than SmallCity). I like the GP practice but I absolutely hate the commuting bit.

Today, the weather was really cold (4-5degree) despite the day being sunny. Arriving at the SmallCity train station I decided to get a taxi, because I dont wanna walk back to my hall. I couldn't even imagine how much worse the coughing would be like if I walk in cold temperature like this. (Editor's note: p53 is a known asthmatic- however, the last time she had an asthma attack was close to 8 years ago- so she's putting it all down to the viral infection that she has)

p53 (went to a taxi)
Taxi driver-TD (summon me to get into his taxi)
p53: can I get to ******** Street?
TD: you can walk there- why do you want to get a taxi there?
p53: its too cold, I dont feel like walking.
TD: waste of my time only. (pulling out of the taxis driveway)

And with that I felt: wth? I was so tired to rebut what he just said. But certainly couldnt believe my luck. What a shiiiteee day!

(Arriving at my hall) TD: Tsk, tsk, tsk. Its just around the corner, you know.

Oh, come on- drop it. I paid 2pound for the 2 mins journey. He looked damn annoyed, but I have the last say: Customer is always right.

No comments: