Tuesday 4 November 2008

GP land

GP land so far has been very tiring but entertaining. 

At the beginning, I started with apprehension thinking that its all gonna be damn ol boring depressive patients. And common cough and cold. Plus the fact that I have to travel to an even smaller town for it (40min door to door journey).

I was right to some extend. Many patients like that. However, I've seen interesting cases. For example: barotrauma post scuba-diving, meningioma and palpitations that turned out to be an ectopic case.  

One of the GPs is an absolute bonker! I love him (just like how I love my BIGPROJECT's tutor). He (now will be called- THE GP) is a type of person who will put minimal possible effort to get by and hates patients who come in with nitty gritty problems. 

Quotes so far:
Patient #1: I think its the bugs that've been around. I bet you have a lot of patients with it.
THE GP: Hmmm... not a lot... only like hundreds each day.
Me: Is it alright if I go out through the back door? 
THE GP: Yup sure, because if you try to go through the front one, you'll find it impossible to do so. I've locked it. 
Then, there is another GP whom I like very much. He's so nice. When I found myself with a non-functioning otoscope and surgery list of multiple ear problems, I frantically went searching for a replacement.

GP: You can use my otoscope.
Me: But then what if you need it later?
GP: Its alright, I'll use yours.
Me: But its NOT working.
GP: (big smile + wink) I'll pretend that it is. Patients wont know any difference.

No comments: