Sunday 22 March 2009

What to wear?

Apologies for the lack of post.
I'm dead busy completing all the compulsory assessments at the hospital.

I'm getting ready for my electives.

Many aspects of the preparation (i.e. vaccinations, money, accom, flights, documents, books, equipments etc). Most daunting is PACKING!

Its difficult to pack, I'd love to bring items that are both practical and nice. However, TANZANIA is burning hot, even wearing jeans might give me some trouble. Hmmm.. I was advised by many people to bring only the thinnest clothing item ever (so linen works best).

I'd love to wear my lovely pairs of jeans (black and dark blue) which work just fine in hospital here in the UK- because both of them has this formal casual look. Definitaly I cant wear any of them for Tanzania is too hot! Now it seem that even my khakis -denim material- may be to thick for safari. Haih.

I'd love to wear different pairs of flats for different occasions. My cobalf blue flats will look so hawt (hot) with my capri jeans. And my usual black and white flats will so work with my hospital attire. And my red one just for days that I feel like wearing it. But no! I dont have any space in my backpack for an extra pair of shoes. So, black simple flat it is.

Scarves: I dont want to discuss about this... too painful.

Tops- Khakis, plain white tees, beige, olive- well the plain ol boring colours. No choice really.

Do you know that its a MUST to wear labcoat in hospitals in Tanzania AND Malaysia? Argggghhhh... another impractical item i) white- so will definitely will stain like hell ii) will only make life hotter (for bad reason, not for hawt reason).

And then I need all those travel related stuff (i.e. raincoat, sleeping bag, mosquito net, torchlights, first aid kid, travel medications, water purifier, thermos, hats, socks, gosh... many more.... arrgghhh). so heavy all this stuff.

And to make thing worse, I'm climbing Mount Kinabalu in Borneo which is pretty high >4000m. So I have to pack all those jackets, thick socks, gloves, thermals.... why oh why....(pulling my hairs out!)

I love travelling but I hates to have to choose what I can bring along and what I cant.

If only I'm rich enough to have some one to pack for me, arrange all my travel details, and as I'm that rich I'll travel first class hence no luggage allowance limitation and I can bring anythg and everythg I want, and that rich that I'll buy things (read: more nice shoes and clothes) as I go along to help the local businesses, and finally to have someone to porter my stuff around and be my driver at the location. Ahhhhh.... Plus a personal chef wont hurt.

No comments: